Tardies, Visitors, and Early Dismissals
Late Arrival and Visitor Policy
At the start of the 2020-21 school year visitors will not be permitted to enter the building. The following procedures will be used to reduce the number of people entering the building during the school day:
- While parents are strongly encouraged not to schedule appointments during the school day, students who are tardy (after 8:50 am) will enter the school through the center door on the track side of the building and sign-in upon entering the school. Students will proceed directly to their scheduled class after signing in. Parents are expected to provide electronic communication (email) by email to Mrs. DiMario or Mrs. Khalil in the main office indicating the reason for late arrival. This communication will be required for a student tardy to be considered “excused.”
- In the event a student forgets materials at home (i.e. snack, homework, etc.), a bin will be placed between the two sets of main doors at the center doors at the track side of the building. Please be sure to label the items and notify the main office by email or phone that the item has been delivered.
- All IEP meetings will be held using a virtual format.
- Any meetings between parents/guardians and staff will be held remotely.
- Parents/guardians of students who must be dismissed early from school, should communicate with the Main Office of the high school in advance, prior to 8:30am, the reason and time the student will be dismissed. Parents are expected to provide electronic communication (email or phone call) to Mrs. DiMario or Mrs. Khalil in the main office indicating the date, time and reason. This communication will be required for a dismissed student to be considered “excused.” Parents that are picking up a student should park in a visitor’s spot on the track side of the building and remain in their car. The dismissed student will exit at the center door at the track side of the building.
- When notification before 8:30am is not possible, parents/guardians will call the Main Office to notify the school in order to communicate the need to dismiss the student. Upon arrival to campus, the parent/guardian will park in a visitor’s spot on the track side of the building and proceed to the center door at the track side of the building and enter the first set of doors. They should then ring the bell to alert the main office staff that they have arrived. A staff member will facilitate the sign out process and the student will be released from school to the parent/guardian at the main doors. The parent/guardian will not be allowed to enter past the second set of doors.